BBDL02: Kriya Shamanism – Part I
We teach what is more commonly known as Core Shamanism. We actually teach in the tradition of the ancient spiritual practices of indigenous tribes around the world. We know from the research of others before us, that there are a set of spiritual principles that were common to most all of the indigenous people of the world. Each student is assigned an instructor/mentor. The learning environment could just as easily be viewed as a typical instructor/student relationship.
Kriya Shamanism gives one the tools to learn and train in Shamanism, the oldest known group of spiritual practices dating back 40,000 years. The student is mentored by trained Shamanic practitioners who have learned Shamanism the same way that we teach.
Our courses are designed to be flexible based on the students current level of practical knowledge and also the pace at which they learn and assimilate the teachings into daily life or existence. Because the study of Shamanism is a very personal and unique experience for anyone who may choose this path, we attempt to adjust our teachings as such. However, for anyone who may consider this path, there are certain ceremonies, practices and rituals that we believe must be mastered in order to become a Shamanic Practitioner of high standards.
Kriya Shamanism – Part I includes all units from our introduction class, and as such, those units are transferable and applicable to this course.
The following subjects/units along with those in Part II of the courses will be necessary practice and mastery techniques to be certified as a Kriya Shamanic Practitioner by Blue Bass Drum. Part I requirements are listed below:
- What is Shamanism? An Overview
- Meditation, Kriya & Understanding the Foundation
- Cleansing and Letting Go!
- Let’s Dance – It’s all about Communication
- Calling in the Directions
- The Journey and the Lower World
- Up, Up and the Upper World Teachers
- Middle World & Meeting the True Self
- Further Journeys for Power and Healing
- Introduction to Merging & Divination
- Ethics & Altars
Shamanism can empower you to bring positive change to your own life and provide you a strong spiritual awakening for discovering existing and hidden talents. It is a process of discovery and glorious reconciliation.
Entheogens: There have been a small number of indigenous tribes that have, and continue to use psychoactive drugs in the process of Shamanic practice. In our opinion, these are not necessary to experience the wonderful effects of the practice of Shamanism. We would strongly discourage the use of any and all entheogens while taking this course. Safety is one of the number one concerns of our teaching. Yes, we love Shamanism as long as it is practiced safely and in a warm loving environment.
Safety: It is rather pointless to pursue the study of Shamanism if there is not a commitment to only practicing it in a physical space that is totally safe. In other words, it is very unsafe to attempt to practice Shamanism while driving a car, or any other activity that requires our undivided attention. Because of this we will require that you commit and attest to the fact that you will only practice assignments in situations where safety has been evaluated and confirmed.
Supplies: There are a few supplies that will be required during the course and you will find quite necessary to ongoing success in this area.
- Journal – You will want to keep a journal of your experiences, not just to turn in coursework, but to refer to later on, when one has advanced well beyond these first units.
- Drumming music – There is specific Shamanic drum music that has been used time and time again in the course of other practitioners teaching this subject. If you do not have someone to accompany your when journeying you will want to visit Michael Harner’s website, where they sell drum and callback recordings.
- Rattle or Drum – There will be times that one will require the use of a rattle or drum to accompany or lead a circle or perform a ritual. These shamanic tools may be purchased by many on the internet who sell Shamanic related items.
- Feathers – Feathers are used in a lot of ways, but most common is to cleanse oneself.
- Sage/incense – These tools are used to clear your space of negative or unwanted energies and cleansing yourself and/or participants in a ceremony.
Each unit should take about a month to complete. This may sound like a long time. It’s does not take this long to complete the exercises in each unit, but just completing the exercise is not the point. There may be many issues that come to light during any particular unit. It is necessary to follow these issues to their conclusion, which includes assimilation into a normal routine of life. This is what may take a little longer than just completing an assignment. However, if you are focused solely on the course, you may complete the units sooner.
Pricing. For a limited time we have made this course available for $210 in order to keep it affordable and available to everyone.
Evaluation – After payment, but prior to beginning the apprenticeship, we require that our internal evaluation form be submitted in order for Blue Bass Drum instructors to place and determine the best beginning point for the student.
Certification – for those who successfully complete Part I & Part II of the Apprenticeship, we have developed the Professional Shamanic Practitioner and the designation of PSP.
Registration Process: If you are convinced that this path would assist you in your own personal and spiritual growth, registration for the course is as follows:
- At the top of this page, there is a button to “Apply for Course”.
- After clicking the button, you will be instructed to register for the site with a userid and password.
- You will receive an email directing you to our enrollment application form.
- Your enrollment application will be evaluated, and when approved, you will be notified to continue to purchase the course.
- You will now be ready to start the course.
You have direct access to the instructor at all times, so that even the most esoteric of inquiries can be answered to the students satisfaction.
Mark Glynn, CSP, CPA (inactive)
If this sounds as interesting and exciting to you as it did for us, we would love to have you as a student. If you are still unsure of whether this is something that you would like to pursue, we also offer a low cost, 3 unit introduction course, where these concepts and necessary study qualities are explained and assigned in some detail.