We teach what is more commonly known as Core Shamanism. We actually teach in the tradition of the ancient spiritual practices of indigenous tribes around the world. We know from the research of others before us, that there are a set of spiritual principles that were common to most all of the indigenous people of the world. We call it an apprenticeship, because each student is assigned and instructor or mentor. The learning environment could just as easily be viewed as a typical instructor, student relationship.
A Kriya Shamanism Apprenticeship gives one the tools to learn and train in Shamanism, the oldest known group of spiritual practices dating back 60,000 years. The student is mentored by trained Shamanic practitioners who have learned Shamanism the same way that we teach.
Our apprenticeships are designed to be flexible based on the students current level of practical knowledge and also the pace at which they learn and assimilate the teachings into daily life or existence. Because the study of Shamanism is a very personal and unique experience for anyone who may choose this path, we attempt to adjust our teachings as such. However, for anyone who may consider this path, there are certain ceremonies, practices and rituals that we believe must be mastered in order to become a Shamanic Practitioner of high standards.
The following subjects/units will be necessary practice and mastery techniques to be certified as a Kriya Shamanism Practitioner, Part II, by Blue Bass Drum:
- Merging the Power
- Divination Methods 1
- Divination Methods 2
- Shamanic Initiations
- Infusion Extraction
- The Soul in all its Glory
- Shamanic Rituals & Ceremonies
- Elemental Soul Power
- Death & Psychopomp
- What Now?
Entheogens: There have been a small number of indigenous tribes that have, and continue to use psychoactive drugs in the process of Shamanic practice. In our opinion, these are not necessary to experience the wonderful effects of the practice of Shamanism. We would strongly discourage the use of any and all entheogens while taking this course. Safety is one of the number one concerns of our teaching. Yes, we love Shamanism as long as it is practiced safely and in a warm loving environment.
Safety: It is rather pointless to pursue the study of Shamanism if there is not a commitment to only practicing it in a physical space that is totally safe. In other words, it is very unsafe to attempt to practice Shamanism while driving a car, or any other activity that requires our undivided attention. Because of this we will require that you commit and attest to the fact that you will only practice assignments in situations where safety has been evaluated and confirmed.
Supplies: There are a few supplies that will be required during the course and you will find quite necessary to ongoing success in this area.
- Journal – You will want to keep a journal of your experiences, not just to turn in coursework, but to refer to later on, when one has advanced well beyond these first units.
- Drumming music – There is specific Shamanic drum music that has been used time and time again in the course of other practitioners teaching this subject. If you do not have someone to accompany your when journeying you will want to visit Michael Harner’s website, where they sell drum and callback recordings.
- Rattle or Drum – There will be times that one will require the use of a rattle or drum to accompany or lead a circle or perform a ritual. These shamanic tools may be purchased by many on the internet who sell Shamanic related items.
- Feathers – Feathers are used in a lot of ways, but most common is to cleanse oneself.
- Sage/incense – These tools are used to clear your space of negative or unwanted energies and cleansing yourself and/or participants in a ceremony.
- The World of Shamanism: New Views of an Ancient Tradition, by Roger Walsh
- Shamanism; traditional and Contemporary Approaches to the Master of Spirits and Healing, by Merete Demont Jakobsen
Each unit should take anywhere between 1 to 2 months to complete. This may sound like a long time. It’s does not take this long to complete the exercises in each unit, but just completing the exercise is not the point. There may be many issues that come to light during any particular unit. It is necessary to follow these issues to their conclusion, which includes assimilation into a normal routine of life. This is what may take a little longer than just completing an assignment.
Projects – There will be what I will call projects. These projects are usually creative in some way, and the visions or art have been used in some way by an indigenous tribe. We will introduce 4 projects, but you will only be required to complete two of them by the end of the course.
Inititations – The word is defined by dictionary.com here. The closest thing to what we are talking about is this:
Practice Clients – It really doesn’t do this part of the course justice without being able to work with agreeable and willing practice clients. This is how you will practice in the real world, so let’s practice in the real world. When we say “practice clients”, we mean real two-leggeds in ordinary reality who would be willing to be practice patients for you throughout the course. If this is a problem please let your instructor know immediately, so that the two of you may evaluate the situation together.
Subscription Pricing. For a limited time we have made this Apprenticeship available in subscription pricing for $9.99/month.
Evaluation – After payment, but prior to beginning the apprenticeship, we require that our internal evaluation form be submitted in order for Blue Bass Drum instructors to place and determine the best beginning point for the student.
Certification – for those who successfully complete Part I & Part II of the Apprenticeship, we have developed the certification of Blue Shamanic Practitioner and the designation of KSP.
Registration Process: If you are convinced that this path would assist you in your own personal and spiritual growth, registration for the course is as follows:
- Go to https://bluebassdrum.com/product-category/bbdu/ and purchase the course.
- During the purchase process, you will be assigned a userid and password for access to the course.
- You will also be sent an email to change your password from email confirmation link.
- Once your password is changed, Login to the site and answer the profile, intake questions from within your account.
- You will now be ready to start the course.
Responsibility & Indemnity – Being a Shamanism student of Blue Bass Drum you are going to have to agree with the following statements before beginning this course. “I accept sole responsibility of performing any initiation, practice, technique or ritual during this course. I also accept full responsibility on following the advice or directions outlined by my mentor. This also includes the responsibility for any decisions that I make throughout the course or any practices or materials that are used.”
We try very hard to only practice in a very warm and accepting way, but we also realize we live in the 21st century and there are legal reasons that have to be satisfied. It’s not hard. After registering and paying for the course, go to your profile on the website and click “edit” the click “shamanism students”. Answer all of the questions:
You have direct access to the instructor at all times, so that even the most esoteric of inquiries can be answered to the students satisfaction.
Mark Glynn, CSP, CST
If this sounds as interesting and exciting to you as it did for us, we would love to have you as a student. If you are still unsure of whether this is something that you would like to pursue, we also offer a 5 unit introduction course, where these concepts and necessary study qualities are explained and assigned in some detail.